Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sock Monkey Visits Expressions Art and Gifts

I decided t be brave and take Sock Monkey to Expressions Art and Gifts while I set-up my work for the day. Talk about a "wild" experience! He was into everything!
It started out innocently enough. Sock Monkey was happily sitting in the tree watching everything that was going on. But then...he was off and running!

I tried to catch him as he climbed the awning, but the slippery little devil was just too fast!

He swung down from the awning and climbed the displays inside before either Trish (the owner) or I could catch him. Graham was useless, all he did was laugh and keep taking pictures!


Sock Monkey hanging off the sun catcher display. BREAKABLES!

Trish and I thought that we'd finally gotten him with promises of a banana and the promise to play with a Magic Dragonfly (the coolest little toys around~available at Expressions, of course). We did get him settled on the counter, but he wanted to climb again. At least he stopped on something "non-breakable"....temporarily!


Sock Monkey with a Magic Dragonfly. This balancing toy is SO cool!

It didn't take long for Sock Monkey to get bored and he was off again. This time onto the pirate ship that holds the wood ornaments for Expressions. UGH! Is there no end to his shenannigans?!?!

Yes, there's the brother standing around while Trish and I are trying to catch Sock Monkey. No help at all I tell you!

Well, I finally gave up the chase and what do you think happened? That crazy little monkey came back to the tree and scampered up behind me and settled in. He HAD stolen a tiny wooden sword and was playing pirates, but what the heck, he was content and quiet and not getting into any more trouble!


No comments:

Post a Comment